I’ve been writing this blog for my college english class and finals week is upon me. This will be my last post on this blog (so enjoy while ya can).
I figure since I started off the blog with ten random facts about myself, I should finish it off the blog the same way. Nothing has really changed throughout the semester and I am currently in a minor depression because the Gators played like ass against that team from Tally (a school I was accepted into coming out of high school but had no desire to attend). Okay, here goes nothin.
- I’m currently really into the song “Family Tradition” by Hank Williams Jr. Most people would probably hate it but it came on while my buddies and I were on a bonfire and we had a great time belting it out. If you like country, give it a listen.
- I went up to Tallahassee this weekend for the UF v. FSU game. Twas lit. Had a great time partying with my good friends and being reminded of all the reasons UF students are so much cooler than FSU students.
- I’m hyped for winter break. I get to go back and chill with all the friends I haven’t seen in months. Gonna hit the beach, do some fishing, play some soccer, and just live it up.
- My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and it took me awhile to decide. Eventually I narrowed it down to a watch like this one
I’d also like a pair of Powerbeats3 Wireless in Black, for when I go to the gym and on runs. My earphones right now are awful since I bought em from the SF bookstore after my Apple pair broke. I wouldn’t be opposed to a pair of Ray Bans either.
- I just killed a wolf spider that was at least three quarters wide as I was writing this. I saw the movement on my carpet but looked and couldn’t see it since it was dark. Upon further investigation I saw the bad boy chillin there and smacked em with a pillow. Sorry PETA.
- I genuinely feel bad for those weirdos that like the NFL more than college football. I’m all about passion and the gameday spirit, which the NFL lacks. I’m from Connecticut so my favorite NFL team is the Patriots (no I’m not a bandwagon I cried when I was younger and David Tyree made the helmet catch to ruin their undefeated season).
- I’m an avid soccer player and I’ve played on club, high school, all star, and Olympic Development teams. My favorite club is Crystal Palace from the Premier League. They’re not too good but they recently played the most entertaining match of the season. I fell in love with Palace after Jason Puncheon, a hometown product, scored a left footed goal from outside the box to rescue points for the Eagles and the Selhurst Park erupted into it’s famous chants of “He’s One of Our Own.”
- My favorite part about sporting events are the various traditions. “We Are The Boys” during the third quarter of UF games has given me chills since I went to my first game way back in 06. Tennessee’s Rocky Top is admirable but despicable all the same because Tuck Fennessee. As for Alabama, LET THE BAND PLAY DIXIE. LSU’s tradition is a little odd, as the whole crowd screams a little phrase regarding a tiger’s genitalia. No surprise though, not much creativity in Louisiana.
- Submitted my application to UF as a transfer last week. Let’s hope the second time is the charm.
- My favorite holidays are Thanksgiving and the Fourth of July. Both always bring good food and good times. Plus I love my family and I love this country.
If you wanna get to know me more, hit me up on social media. I’m always down for a good time. Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hayden_Grim Insta: @Hayden_Grim Snapchat: haydengrim1 or haydeng123, not sure which one.